Field inspections of oil and gas operations are conducted regularly by Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Energy and Resources to ensure regulatory requirements and guidelines are being followed by industry licensees. The Ministry documents inspections and notifies licensees of infractions electronically through the Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS).
Companies are expected to manage issues identified through inspections, and report back actions taken to the Ministry using IRIS. To assist industry, IRIS provides:
- A record of inspection results, including satisfactory inspections.
- A record of similar inspections and history based on licence numbers.
- The ability to attach supporting documents, including video files.
- The ability to apply for extensions to meet an inspection requirement.
- A variety of ways to search for inspections, inspection results and inspection requirements.
How to apply for access to IRIS.