Well Logging Amendment Application
A well operator in Saskatchewan may apply for authorization to amend their logging requirements as outlined in Section 90 of The Oil and Gas Conservation Regulations, 2012.
The Integrated Resources Information System (IRIS) automatically assigns logging requirements based upon answers to disclosure questions provided at the time a well licence is issued.
An application to amend logging requirements should be made before any drilling activity takes place. However, if a situation occurs while drilling or logging the well that prevents the required logs from being run, contact the local field office before applying. Any correspondence from the field office granting the approval must be submitted along with the application.
Well logging obligations may be updated at any time. Check IRIS's obligations screen regularly for any new well logging requirements.
For more information, see:
To apply for well logging amendment authorization, you must:
- Have an IRIS account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your IRIS Security Administrator.
- Have ownership of the well, or an agreement in place to make an application for that well.
3. How To Apply
To apply for well logging amendment authorization:
- Ensure you meet all eligibility requirements.
- Fill out the Logging Amendment Form.
- Log in to IRIS, go to Application > Waiver > Amend Logging. Submit the Logging Amendment Application, attach the Logging Amendment Form and supporting documents.
- The applicant will be notified through IRIS whether the application for authorization is approved or denied.