Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Apply for a Seismic Exploration Licence

The Government of Saskatchewan governs the issuance of seismic exploration licences to conduct seismic exploration activities.


1. Guidance

In order to conduct, or permit, seismic programs in Saskatchewan, a company requires a Licence to Conduct Seismic Exploration.

The fee formerly charged for a seismic licence is covered under the Administrative Levy.

Changes to The Seismic Exploration Regulation, 1999 came into effect April 1, 2021. For information regarding the changes, please see Bulletin BT2021-004.

The current regulations can be found at The Seismic Exploration Regulations, 1999.


2. How To Apply

Complete the appropriate application form(s) and submit to the Ministry of Energy and Resources.


3. Apply


4. Further Information

Visit the Publications Centre for additional Seismic Activity Maps.


Proposed NHR projects should consider using the GeoPlanner to review siting options.

The GeoPlanner is a web-enabled geo-spatial planning and decision tool that identifies base, site-sensitive features from multiple ministries' and agencies' data, to assist with pre-planning and development of oil and gas and other commodities. The GeoPlanner provides users the ability to view and map their proposed project and generate a report that lists potential areas of concern to be addressed or that may require additional approval(s) or other land uses requiring provincial government approvals.

For more information, please visit the GeoPlanner website.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve