Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Non-Advertised Dispositions

The following Crown dispositions are available in Saskatchewan outside of the Public Offering by application through the Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS). For terms and conditions associated with each of these non-advertised dispositions, see The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations.

Negotiated Leases

The Minister of Energy and Resources may lease interests in oil and gas rights in any area of less than 16 hectares that are required to complete a drainage unit.

  • The applicant must show they have an agreement in place with the freehold mineral rights owners in the remainder of the drainage unit.
  • A sale price for the Crown oil and gas rights is determined by negotiation.
  • The lease issued is a standard Crown lease, and may include any additional terms and conditions that the Minister considers appropriate.

Negotiated Substance (an amendment to an existing disposition)

When the Crown holds 100% of all petroleum and natural gas rights, and there is an existing disposition in place for one substance (petroleum-only, or natural gas-only), the disposition holder may apply to negotiate for the remaining Crown Rights. The original disposition must be surrendered before the new disposition is issued, which includes both the Petroleum and Natural Gas Rights.

Lease of Spaces Agreement

'Spaces' means the spaces occupied or formerly occupied by a Crown Mineral. All spaces on Crown lands are the property of the Crown. Typically, lease of spaces agreements are issued for disposal/injection of fluids (e.g. produced water, wastes, etc.) or storage of natural gas or other substances (e.g. liquefied petroleum gases, natural gas liquids, etc.) in undisposed Crown Lands.

Helium and Associated Gases Permits and Leases

  • Helium permits: Designed to encourage exploration, these permits grant the rights to explore for helium and associated gases, but not to remove, produce or recover them until a lease is granted.
  • Helium leases: Provide the right to explore for and produce helium and associated gases.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve