Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Non-Advertised Dispositions Application

Apply for non-advertised Crown dispositions in Saskatchewan through the Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS).


1. Guidance

Saskatchewan's Ministry of Energy and Resources is responsible for administering Crown mineral rights. While most dispositions are issued through the Public Offering, the Government reserves the right to issue certain dispositions provided they meet specific conditions. Non-advertised dispositions include:

  • Negotiated Leases
  • Negotiated Substance (an amendment to an existing disposition)
  • Leases of Space Agreements
  • Helium and Associated Gases Permits
  • Helium and Associated Gases Leases

2. Eligibility

To apply for a non-advertised disposition:

  • You must have an IRIS account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your IRIS Security Administrator.
  • To apply for a negotiated lease, the disposition must complete a drainage unit, and you must have an agreement in place for the Freehold Mineral Rights for the remainder of the drainage unit.
  • To apply for a negotiated substance, the Crown must own 100% of the Mineral Rights, and you must have a disposition in place for the remaining Crown Rights (either petroleum-only or natural gas-only).
  • A Lease of Space agreement (LOS) is required for:
    • All wells approved for disposal on undisposed Crown Mineral Rights
    • All wells and projects approved for storage on Crown Mineral Rights. For more information refer to:
    • All wells that dispose/inject into Crown minerals where there is no disposition in place, and the disposal /injection began before the introduction of LOS agreements.
    • A client must acquire an authorization number through the disposal/injection well application process on IRIS. If the authorization number is not provided, the well licence number may be used.
  • To apply for a helium permit or lease, you must provide:
    • A plan and description of the lands;
    • A program of work that you intend to carry out; and
    • A statement proving you ability to have the proposed work done (if not already on record with the Ministry).

3. How To Apply

Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process for authorization.

You will be notified through IRIS whether your approved disposition has been issued.


4. Apply

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve