The Pest Biosecurity Program is delivered in partnership with Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM).
The program is designed to:
- Increase resiliency of crops through enhanced plant biosecurity;
- Enhance early detection and rapid response to identify and control invasive and emerging threats to plant biosecurity in agriculture;
- Minimize threats through preventive actions and mitigation of targeted risks; and
- Develop a network of field workers to facilitate early detection and rapid response for plant pests in Saskatchewan.
Under this partnership, SARM will deliver the following programs to rural municipalities and First Nation communities in Saskatchewan:
- Plant Health Network
- Invasive Plant Control Program
- Rat Control Program
- Beaver Control Program
- Gopher Control Program