Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

How to Permit Agricultural Crown Land

The Ministry of Agriculture tenders short-term permits of agricultural Crown land for the current production season. The use of short-term permits is an established, annual process and does not represent a change for the Ministry of Agriculture.

Short-term permits are for grazing, hay and cultivation and will expire October 31, 2024.

Eligible applicants can submit a tender; the highest eligible tender will be awarded the permit.

Acreages as stated in the ads are approximate. Bidders must rely on their own personal inspection of the land and improvements.

Who can participate?

Applicant must:

  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Actively manage the permitted lands for agricultural purposes;
  • Meet all requirements set out under The Saskatchewan Farm Security Act (including being a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or corporation/membership-based organization that is 100 per cent Canadian-owned and not publicly traded);
  • Have legal access to the permitted land or written agreements for crossing any adjacent lands;
  • Have any existing accounts with the Ministry of Agriculture in an acceptable status;
  • Corporations and co-operatives must be registered and in active status with Information Services Corporation (ISC) Corporate Registry;
  • Complete the required application form and submit any supporting documentation that the Ministry of Agriculture requests; and
  • In the case of a grazing or hay permit, have or will obtain a Saskatchewan Premises Identification Number (PID).

When to participate?

Eligible applicants can submit a tender on any agricultural Crown land offered for permit once the lot is opened and before it closes. Current lots are advertised below:

How to participate?

Each applicant will need to submit an application for tender permit to the appropriate address listed within the ad. Tenders may also be submitted to

Application for Crown Land Tender Permit

Permitting Policy

Tender results, payment and permit signing

Successful applicants will be contacted by the Land Management Specialist shortly after the tender opening and must submit payment of the bid amount within 10 business days of being notified that they are successful.

Municipal taxes are the responsibility of the successful applicant. A separate cheque payable to the Rural Municipality for taxes will be required.

Authorization to permit the land for the season shall not take effect until full payment of the tendered amount, municipal tax cheque and a signed permit are received by the Ministry.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve