Google Translate Disclaimer

Translations of content on the Government of Saskatchewan website are performed by Google™ Translate. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Applicants with Saskatchewan Experience

This category is for foreign workers who:

  • Are currently working and living in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit; and
  • Would like to apply for permanent residency through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).

There are five sub-categories:

  • Applicants With Existing Work Permit - This sub-category is for skilled workers who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months, with a valid work permit.
  • Health Professionals - This sub-category is for physicians, nurses and other health professionals who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months, with a valid work permit.
  • Hospitality Sector Project - This sub-category is for foreign workers currently working in Saskatchewan as a:
    • Food/Beverage Server;
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper; or
    • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff.
  • Long Haul Truck Driver Project - This sub-category is for foreign workers currently working for Saskatchewan trucking firms.
  • Students - This sub-category is for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada.

Please note that live-in caregivers can’t apply through this program. See Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Live-in Caregiver program.

If you’ve applied to this category and are waiting for a reply, but your work permit is about to expire:

  • Apply to IRCC to extend your work permit, so you can keep your legal status in Canada.
    • IRCC should receive your extension application before your work permit expires.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve