This category is for foreign workers who:
- Are currently working and living in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit; and
- Would like to apply for permanent residency through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
There are five sub-categories:
- Applicants With Existing Work Permit - This sub-category is for skilled workers who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months, with a valid work permit.
- Health Professionals - This sub-category is for physicians, nurses and other health professionals who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months, with a valid work permit.
- Hospitality Sector Project - This sub-category is for foreign workers currently working in Saskatchewan as a:
- Food/Beverage Server;
- Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper; or
- Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff.
- Long Haul Truck Driver Project - This sub-category is for foreign workers currently working for Saskatchewan trucking firms.
- Students - This sub-category is for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada.
Please note that live-in caregivers can’t apply through this program. See Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Live-in Caregiver program.
If you’ve applied to this category and are waiting for a reply, but your work permit is about to expire:
- Apply to IRCC to extend your work permit, so you can keep your legal status in Canada.
- IRCC should receive your extension application before your work permit expires.