Libraries support literacy and life-long learning for Saskatchewan residents and have an important role in the educational, recreational and cultural enrichment of our province.
Borrowing Library Material
To borrow library materials from a public library in Saskatchewan you need a library card from your local library.
Once you have your library card, you can borrow library materials including DVDs, CDs, and e-books from any public library in Saskatchewan by:
- Visiting your local library
- Speaking with your local librarian
- Searching the online catalogue
- Downloading digital library material
Online Catalogue and Digital Library Material
The Single Integrated Library System (SILS) online catalogue lets you search and borrow library materials from any public library in the province.
Search the SILS online catalogue
Library2go lets you download digital library material from a collection of over 60,000 audio and eBooks directly onto your computer, eReader, tablet or smartphone.
Start using Library2go now
The Provincial Public Library System ensures that all residents of Saskatchewan have access to these basic library services:
- Access to more than four million books, CD's, DVD's, e-books and other library materials at any public library in Saskatchewan;
- Access to more than 60,000 audio and eBook downloaded right to your electronic device;
- Access to National Network for Equitable Library Services (NNELS) which provides a collection of more than 7,500 downloadable audio books and other accessible formats for individuals with print disabilities;
- Access to books and materials from out-of-province libraries through an interlibrary loan;
- Access to multilingual services for individuals who speak other languages; and
- One library card for all Saskatchewan public libraries.
Saskatchewan's Public Library System includes:
- Seven regional library systems
- Two municipal library systems (Regina and Saskatoon)
- A federation of northern libraries
- The Provincial Library and Literacy Office
Regional libraries represent a group of cities, towns, villages and rural municipalities that have joined together to deliver library services.
The northern library system, also called the Pahkisimon Nuye?áh System acts as the central library for all of northern Saskatchewan.
It is a partnership of:
- 11 community public libraries
- 60 school libraries
- One college library
For more information about library services, programs and resources, please visit the Saskatchewan Libraries website.
To find resources for library trustees, please visit the Saskatchewan Library Trustees' Association website.