With the recent 2017-18 Budget announcement, programs and services affected will be updated shortly. Posted March 22, 2017

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Leader Integrated Health Facility Construction Begins

Released on December 16, 2016

Rural and Remote Health Minister Greg Ottenbreit joined with residents of Leader and surrounding communities today at the official sod turning ceremony for the Leader Integrated Health Facility.

“I am pleased to join today with the community to celebrate this exciting milestone,” Ottenbreit said.  “Our government appreciates the hard work of all partners to get this project to the construction phase.  This new facility will bring health services under one roof and introduce a new integrated model that will enhance patient- and family-centred care.”

The new 16 bed integrated facility will replace the existing Leader Hospital, the Community Centre and Primary Health Clinic, and the Emergency Medical Services building.  It will be connected to the Western Senior Citizens Home, a long-term care facility in Leader.

“The integration of health services in Leader will result in improved access and overall better care to our residents and patients,” Cypress Health Region CEO Beth Vachon said.  “The design process for this expansion has included input from patients, staff, and other stakeholders.  It is a welcome addition to the community and we look forward to the many improvements that it will offer for years to come.”

Despite a difficult budget year, the provincial government continues to recognize the importance of capital investment in health care and will be contributing $9.6 million to the $12 million project.  This represents 80 per cent of the total project cost; local fundraising efforts will cover the remaining 20 per cent of the project cost.

Construction on the new Leader Integrated Health Facility is anticipated to be completed in early 2018.

-30-

For more information, contact:

Tyler McMurchy
Health 
Regina
Phone: 306-787-4083
Email: tyler.mcmurchy@health.gov.sk.ca
Cell: 306-537-3594

Brad Boutilier
Cypress Health Region
Swift Current
Phone: 306-778-5407
Email: brad.boutilier@cypressrha.ca
Cell: 306-774-3766

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve