Timber Haul Agreements are between the province and forestry product shippers to move overweight/over-dimensional vehicles on the provincial highway system.
Haul Agreements are not taken with truckers or trucking companies – only with timber processors.
Freight includes round wood, wood waste and finished wood products.
Forestry Haul Agreement Principles
- Allow movement of forestry products at weights and/or dimensions exceeding those defined in regulation on provincial highway system.
- Defined routes designated within Agreement.
- Incremental Road Costs (including pavement and bridge costs) are paid to the Transportation Partnership Fund (TPF) by the Agreement partner.
- An Administration Fee of $2000 is charged annually.
- Vehicle permits issued according to agreements.
- TMS hauls are only allowed if CTI (Centralized Tire Inflation) technology is used. Winter Hauls on TMS may be allowed without CTI.
Additional Conditions of Forestry Product Haul Agreements
- Quarterly Reporting and TPF Payments.
- Speed recording device required and speed is restricted on the loaded portion of the trip.
- Drivers are subject to special qualifications and performance criteria.
- No agreement will be taken where the vehicle fails to meet dynamic stability criteria even at reduced speeds.
- Where practical, the shipper must pass a pre-entry audit.