This course is an introductory course for occupational health committee (OHC) members and occupational health and safety (OHS) representatives and is offered in-class only.
By the end of this two day course, participants will know how to:
- How to locate relevant information in Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety legislation to address occupational health and safety (OHS) issues in their workplace
- The requirements for establishing and operating an effective OHC
- The duties and role of the OHC within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System
- How to identify and assess workplace hazards
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to control workplace hazards
- How to handle OHS concerns and investigate refusals to work (section 23 of the Act)