Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a permit?

Permits are issued by the SGI permit office.

Where do I find road restrictions?

You can find road restrictions by visiting the Special Weights and Road Restrictions page of this website.

How do I know when my court date is?

Your court date is listed on the front of your ticket or other release papers. If you cannot find your papers, you will need to contact the court house for your court date.

Where can I find information on trucking weights?

For information about trucking weights, visit the Seasonal Trucking Weights page of this website. On this page you'll find information specific to current weight restrictions, spring road restrictions and winter weights.

You can also download our Truckers' Guide. It's a great reference for commercial vehicle operators travelling in Saskatchewan.

When do I have to install an Electronic Logging Device?

Starting June 12, 2021, hours of service regulations will require federally-regulated commercial vehicles to be outfitted with electronic logging devices (ELDs). Saskatchewan Highway Patrol will take a phased-in approach to applying the federal regulation because certified devices are not yet commercially available.

Other provinces and territories, along with the federal government, are taking similar approaches with inter-provincial drivers. During this phased approach and until further notice, commercial drivers who cannot obtain ELDs will still be able to use paper-based logbooks or another method that was valid prior to June 12, 2021. Learn more about Saskatchewan's common-sense approach, visit the ELD information page.

How do I join the Saskatchewan Highway Patrol?

See our Become a Traffic Officer for more information on how to join our organization.

How do I get my Commercial Driver's Licence?

In order to get your commercial licence in Saskatchewan, you must go through SGI. Their Upgrade to Commercial Licence webpage has important information on this.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve