For this position, experience, education and/or training in the areas of law enforcement, commercial vehicle mechanics and commercial transportation are assets.
This could be obtained through:
- Completion of a law enforcement diploma;
- Training and experience in commercial vehicle mechanics;
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining commercial vehicles; or
- Any combination of the above.
Knowledge of investigation and legal/court processes and procedures are considered assets.
If your qualifications advance you to the next stage of the application process, you will need to successfully complete a suitability assessment that consists of:
- Problem-solving and temperament questionnaires.
- A medical and a physical assessment.
- Police Officers' Physical Abilities Test (POPAT).
The final stage of the application process consists of an in-person interview, psychological testing, reference checks and a criminal record check. After you successfully complete this stage of the application process you may be selected to become a Saskatchewan Highway Patrol Officer.