Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.



This sub-category is for Physicians who want to apply for permanent residency and:

  • Have the schooling and professional qualifications to work here.
  • Meet the SINP criteria for nomination.


To qualify you must:

  • Have a valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
  • Have practiced as a physician in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
  • Have a permanent, full-time job offer that is:
    • Issued by a provincial health authority or the health education institution where you are currently working.
    • Verified with documents that describe your permanent arrangement to practice medicine in Saskatchewan. These could be:
      • A business plan or contract.
      • A partnership agreement.
      • Other documents describing your practice.
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.

The SINP will also obtain a letter of support from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CoPSS). The letter must state your type of licence, expiry date, and CoPSS' support for you to become a permanent resident in Saskatchewan.

We may also ask for a letter from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada stating that you are licensed in a particular specialty.

The program criteria can change at any time, but we will use what was on this website when we get your application.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. No application is guaranteed to be accepted.

Who Cannot Apply Through the Saskatchewan Experience - Health Professional Sub Category

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.

You may not be eligible if:

  • You did not send documents that were asked for.
  • You were not able to prove that you plan to live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are sent with missing documents or are not translated will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and asked to reapply.

Apply online to the SINP

  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete all sections.
  3. Scan and upload completed forms and supporting documents in PDF format. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.

What You Need to Know About Using Immigration Representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. If you want one, you must make sure they are a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information or see a list of approved immigration consultants. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve