Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Using an Immigration Representative

An immigration representative is someone you appoint to help you with your immigration application.

They usually charge a fee and can represent you in your application to:

  • The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
  • The Immigration and Refugee Board
  • The Canada Border Services Agency

Do You Need A Representative?

You are not required to hire a representative. Using one will not speed up processing times or guarantee your application will be approved.

If you do appoint a representative, they will receive communications from government immigration offices on your application.

Who Can Represent You?

Representatives can be paid or unpaid and must be one of the following:

Immigration Consultants and Foreign Worker Recruiters must be licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan under the FWRISA before they can work in Saskatchewan. Lawyers in Canada can act for clients without a licence if they are members in good standing with their provincial law society.

Only use Licensed Immigration Consultants and Licensed Foreign Worker Recruiters. Otherwise, you may:

  • Lose FWRISA protection as a foreign worker; or
  • Have your SINP application refused.

If you are hiring a consultant or recruiter, you need to ensure they are on Saskatchewan's list of Licensed Immigration Consultants or Licensed Foreign Worker Recruiters. If your recruiter or immigration consultant is not listed, contact the Foreign Worker Recruitment and Protection Unit. All individuals who have been suspended under the FWRISA from providing immigration consulting and/or recruitment services are listed in the Suspended Licenses.

You can also learn about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers from exploitation and mistreatment during the recruitment and immigration process by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Ask Questions and Do Your Research

You should ensure your representative can legally represent you. If you are paying your representative, you should also ensure they are authorized to work in Saskatchewan. If your appointed representative doesn't meet one of the requirements above, your application won't be processed.

Services and Fees

Immigration representatives charge different amounts of money for their services. Find out what services they provide and how much the services cost. It's also a good idea to compare services and prices of different representatives. If you're not happy with the fees charged by a consultant, you don't have to sign a contract with them.

When using the services of a paid representative:

  • Don't sign any blank forms or documents.
  • Don't sign any forms or documents that you don't understand.
  • Get a copy of all documents prepared for you immediately after you sign them, for your records.
  • Don't leave your original documents or photos with your representative. They do not need to keep your original documents.
  • Every time you give money to your representative, get a written receipt. Make sure it says what service you're paying for and how much you paid.

Authorizing A Representative

Once you choose to use an immigration representative:

Issues With Your Representative

If you have issues with your representative, first speak with them and try to fix any problems. If the problems continue, you can make an complaint about the immigration or recruitment process.

If your representative is a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant, you can also make a complaint to the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve