Saskatchewan and most other provinces have declared a state of emergency due to COVID-19. As a result, Entrepreneur Expression of Interest (EOI) Pool selections are postponed until further notice. Please refer to this website for updates as they become available.
The Entrepreneur Expression of Interest (EOI)
The EOI is not an application; it is an expression of your interest in the SINP. Prospective immigrants will indicate their interest in operating a business and living in Saskatchewan by providing required information about their entrepreneurial experience, assets, and Business Establishment Plan (BEP), among other factors.
- Candidates who meet the minimum entry eligibility criteria will be accepted into the EOI candidate pool.
- Once submitted, EOIs are scored and ranked using the Points Grid.
Entrepreneur EOI Selection Results on March 5, 2020
|Average EOI Score
|Highest EOI Score
|Lowest EOI Score
- Candidates with 115 points or higher were invited to apply. Candidates with 110 points were invited to apply after meeting the following criteria:
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 4 or higher.
Please see Entrepreneur EOI Pool Selections Table for more information on previous invitation rounds.
Expression of Interest (EOI) Submission to the SINP
Please follow these steps to submit your EOI to the program:
- Only those who meet the minimum eligibility criteria can submit an EOI.
- If you are eligible to apply under the Entrepreneur category review the Points Grid.
- Complete your EOI online. Instructions are provided during the online application. The system will calculate your score based upon the information you enter and your EOI will be placed in a pool for potential selection. Only EOIs with all sections completed can be submitted.
- The status of your EOI must be at Submitted in order to be considered.
- If selected, your EOI will form part of your application. You must be sure your EOI is up to date at the time of submission, and that all answers are accurate and truthful. If your EOI is not up to date and it's found that you or any person associated with your application omitted relevant information or provided misleading or fraudulent information at the time of assessment, your application will be rejected and you'll be unable to apply to the SINP for a period of two years.
- Be sure you understand the questions before you provide an answer. If you're unsure, use the help icons or review this page again.
- There's no fee for submitting an EOI.
- You won't need to attach any documents to your EOI. However, you will be required to attach documents, including translations if necessary, if you're invited by the SINP to submit an electronic application.
- Your EOI is ranked based upon your points assessment score, after which it's placed in an EOI pool.
- EOIs can remain in the pool for 12 months from the date of receipt.
- If your EOI is not selected during this time it will be removed from the pool and you will be able to reapply if you want to.
- If you're able to acquire additional points after starting your EOI, you can update your pending EOI with current information before it's submitted.
- Once your EOI has been submitted you'll not be able to update it. If your EOI is selected it will be removed from the pool and you'll no longer be able to update it. Points for age are awarded based on your age on the date you submit your EOI.
How EOI Candidates are Ranked
Candidates who successfully complete an EOI profile automatically receive a score based on a number of criteria. You can find the criteria for the EOI point score in the Points Grid.
In order to manage application inventory and meet the processing times target of three months, the SINP will select EOI candidates from the system based on points score as well as other factors for business and settlement success. To select among candidates who have the same or equal point score, further selection criteria may be applied to enable the SINP to invite the desired number of candidates for that selection round. Official language ability will be chosen first (those claiming points for language ability, with highest language ability prioritized). The next selection criterion will prioritize those with businesses planned for a key economic sector. The third selection factor among those with equal point scores will be completion of an exploratory visit.
These factors all play a role in your future economic success in Saskatchewan. A goal of the EOI system is to ensure strong economic outcomes and long-term retention in Saskatchewan for those invited to apply.
The EOI Selection and Invitation to Submit an Application
EOIs are assessed based upon the criteria in place at the time when your EOI was submitted. Only active/submitted EOIs submitted before the date the EOI selection occurs will be eligible for that selection. EOIs submitted on the day of a scheduled EOI selection will not be eligible for that selection but will remain in the pool for consideration in the next scheduled EOI pool selection. If your EOI is selected it will be removed from the application pool and you will no longer be able to update it. Selection doesn't guarantee your application will be approved or that you'll receive a nomination or permanent residence.
After your EOI has been selected:
- You'll receive an Invitation to Submit an Application (ISA) letter. The letter will include a file number. If your application doesn't match the information in your EOI it will be rejected.
- If your situation or any of your information has changed and the changes would result in a loss of points or you would no longer meet the minimum criteria then you should request to withdraw your EOI and not submit an application.
- You'll have 20 calendar days from the date of the ISA letter in which to:
- Pay a $2,500.00 CAD non-refundable processing fee; and,
- Select, contact and identify a recognized third party financial review service provider on your online application.
- You'll have 90 calendar days from the date of the ISA letter in which to:
- Submit your complete electronic application, including all required supporting documents.
- You'll need to upload supporting documents to your electronic application. Carefully review the document checklists for a full list of all required documents.
- You'll have 180 calendar days from the date of the ISA letter in which to submit your Third Party Verification Report.
- You're responsible for retaining and submitting the required documents to the Third Party Verification provider (see the Third Party Entrepreneur Category Document Checklist).
- The Third Party Verification provider may request further documents or information and may call you for an interview if necessary.
- If you have not submitted the required information or processing fee within the time given, your invitation to apply will expire and your application may be closed and removed from the system.
- If your application has been closed and you're still interested in applying to the SINP you'll have to submit a new EOI, under the relevant criteria in place at the time of submission.
- All documentation must be provided in English or French.
- Where documents are in a language other than English or French, you must submit an electronic copy of the original document, as well as an electronic copy of its translation and a translator affidavit.
- If your application is accepted for processing and the information you provided changes, such as your family composition, marital status, country of residence, contact information, etc., you must inform the SINP. You're required to update your application even if your visa has already been issued.
All of these deadlines will be visible on your online application and must be adhered to.