Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Required Documents for Long-Haul Truck Drivers

You must provide any required documents to prove you're eligible for SINP nomination. You'll also need these documents to prove your identity, work experience, academic credentials, language ability, finances, etc. The SINP may also ask for more documentation that is not listed below.

General Guidelines

All required documents must be clear and easy-to-read copies of the original documents. If your documents aren't in English of French, you must submit the following:

  • A copy of the original document;
  • A copy of the English or French translation of the document; and
  • A copy of an affidavit from the translator, describing their translation ability.

About Translators

Translators must be:

Translators must not be:

  • A family member;
  • A spouse;
  • Anyone who works for or who is a paid consultant or representative preparing your application.

Make sure translations meet all federal requirements when you're applying for permanent residency.

If your documents are unclear, missing, or not translated into English or French, your application will be rejected and the SINP will send you instructions on what is missing and how to apply again.

Required Forms

You must fill out and attach these forms to your application:

  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (principal applicant only)
  2. Additional Family Information Form (a form is required for the principal applicant and spouse)
  3. Schedule A - Background/Declaration (a form is required for the principal applicant and spouse)

If you have more than five dependants or children, you must fill out and attached this form to your application:

If you have a common-law spouse, you must provide this form:

If you are using an Immigration Representative, you must provide this form:

If your documents are not in English or French, you must provide translated documents with the original documents. Your translator must fill out the following form which must be attached to your application:

If you would like to designate an individual to contact the SINP on your behalf, please ensure the following form is included in your application:

For help with filling out the federal forms, watch the following videos:

Required Documents

The following are the required documents you'll need for your application:

1. Temporary Work Permit

You must submit a copy of a valid temporary work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The permit must show that you have been working in Saskatchewan for an approved Saskatchewan trucking firm for a minimum of six months.

The SINP is piloting criteria changes over 2019-2021 for specific semi-skilled occupations. If you are not currently working in Saskatchewan, you can apply to the Long-Haul Truck Drivers category if you have proof that you previously worked in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months as a Long-Haul Truck Driver. You need to provide a copy of your previous work permit, or pay stubs and a reference letter, or tax records.

2. Job Offer Requirements

You must have a letter of offer of full-time, permanent employment from a SINP approved Saskatchewan trucking firm.

All positions must offer wages and working conditions that match Canadian standards in that occupation.

The letter of offer must:

  • be addressed to the principal applicant;
  • state the job title, duties and responsibilities, wage, benefits, and company contact information;
  • list the location (i.e., town/city) of your position in Saskatchewan;
  • be issued on the company's letterhead; and
  • be signed by the employer.

Your job offer must be approved by the SINP before you apply, or your application will be rejected.

  • Your employer must register online to have the position that you are applying with assessed.
  • Once the position is approved, your employer will receive a Job Approval Letter that includes your position, name and NOC code.
  • Submit a copy of the SINP Job Approval Letter with your application.

3. Saskatchewan Class 1A Driver's Licence

You must include a copy of your Saskatchewan Class 1A driver's licence that permits you to work in your current occupation in Saskatchewan. If you are not currently working in Saskatchewan, you can apply to the Long-Haul Truck Drivers pilot without the Class 1A driver's licence, but you will need to obtain this licence upon arrival in order to work in Saskatchewan.

4. Language Credentials

To meet the language requirement,

  • You must provide language test results from a designated testing agency;
  • You must have English and/or French language ability of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or higher;
  • Your test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application; and
  • CLB 4 is the minimum; however, employers and regulatory bodies may require higher language scores.

The acceptable tests and equivalence to CLB 4 (minimum scores) are:

Name of Test Minimal Scores
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training Listening - 4.5
Reading - 3.5
Writing - 4
Speaking - 4
The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General) Listening - 4
Reading - 4
Writing - 4
Speaking - 4
The Test d’évaluation de français (for French language) Listening - 145
Reading - 121
Writing - 181
Speaking - 181
The Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada) Listening - 331
Reading - 342
Writing - 4
Speaking - 4

5. Identity and Civil Status Documents

You need to provide the following documents to confirm your identity and civil status:

  • Birth Certificates that list both parents for:
    • You (the principal applicant);
    • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable); and
    • Each dependent child, including any who'll not come with you to Canada.
  • If you are married or widowed you must include:
    • A marriage certificate; and/or
    • A death certificate of your former spouse (if applicable).
  • If you are in a common-law relationship you must include:
    • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union and
    • Proof of at least one year of common-law relationship. (e.g., statements or letters from a bank or financial institute showing a joint bank, trust, credit union, or charge card account; a copy of your signed joint lease or mortgage; a copy of jointly-owned property, apart from your residence; a copy of bills or receipts made to both of you; a copy of life insurance naming the other partner as the beneficiary, etc.).
  • If you or your spouse is divorced you must include:
    • Final divorce documents for all divorces; and
    • Custody and child support documents (if applicable).
  • Adoption papers for your dependent children who were adopted (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children, whether or not they and their other parent are coming with you to Canada, include:
    • A letter from the other parent stating that they are aware of your intention to immigrate to Canada (with or without the child/children) and that there are no outstanding custody or child support issues; or
    • Proof of custody for the child/children under the age of majority and proof that you have legal authority to remove the child/children from your home country (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children that are not coming with you to Canada you must include:
    • Their name, age and contact information (mailing and email address, and phone number); and
    • A detailed reason why each dependent is not accompanying you, along with supporting documentation (e.g. legal separation).

6. Passports

Your passport must be valid throughout the immigration process (from application to permanent residency). You'll need to include copies of pages in your passport that show the passport number, date of issue, expiry date, photo, name and place of birth for:

  • You (the principal applicant);
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable); and
  • All dependent children accompanying you to Canada (if applicable).

If you live in a country that is different from your nationality, please include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently live.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve