Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Hospitality Sector Project

This sub-category is for foreign workers who want to apply for permanent residency and:
  • Are currently working in Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit;
  • Have been working with an SINP Hospitality-approved employer for a minimum of six months (960 hours); and
  • Are working in one of the following jobs:
    • Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6513)
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6711)
    • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6731)
  • Meet the sub-category criteria. The criteria can change at any time, but we’ll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.


To apply for an SINP nomination through this sub-category, you must:

  • Have a valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for one of the following:
    • Food/Beverage Server (NOC 6513)
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6711)
    • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 6731)
  • Have completed at least Grade 12 education (or its equivalent).
  • Work for an employer that has been approved by the SINP to participate in the Hospitality Sector Project. The SINP won't accept applications from hospitality sector employees who begin working for their employer before the employer receives SINP approval.
    • To find out if your employer is SINP-approved, ask for a copy of their letter of approval.
  • Work in Saskatchewan for the employer offering the permanent job for at least six months.
  • Have an offer of permanent, full-time employment from an approved Saskatchewan Hospitality employer
  • Have at least Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 4 or higher English language ability in all four categories (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter

Temporary Foreign Workers

If you're a temporary foreign worker and are interested in this sub-category:

  1. Your employer would have to submit a completed SINP-500-4 Hospitality Sector Recruitment and Settlement Plan to the SINP.
  2. Once this plan is approved and you've completed the requirements for nomination, you can apply to the SINP in this sub-category.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. The SINP also accepts a maximum number of applications each year. No application is guaranteed to be accepted and/or nominated.

Who Can't Apply through the Saskatchewan Experience – Hospitality Section Project Sub-Category

The following can't apply through this sub-category:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada

Also, if any of these are true, you may not be eligible for nomination by the SINP:

  • You didn't submit documentation that the SINP asked for;
  • You were unable to prove that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan; and,
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are submitted where documents are missing or not translated will be considered incomplete and the application will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and advised to reapply at a later date with a complete application.

What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives

You are not required to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. But if you wish to hire a representative, you must make sure they're a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information and for the lists of licensed/approved consultants and recruiters. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers from exploitation and mistreatment during the recruitment and immigration process by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve