Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Other Health Professions

Saskatchewan can nominate health professionals for permanent residency through the Other Health Professions stream, if they:

  • Are currently working in health jobs supported by the appropriate regional health authority, licensing body (as applicable) or other employer;
  • Are in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level "A", "B", "C" or "0";
  • Have at least one academic year of post-secondary education or job specific training; and
  • Meet the SINP criteria for nomination. The criteria can change at any time, but we'll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.
  • Visit Saskatchewan Regulatory Bodies for a list of regulatory authorities in Saskatchewan.


To qualify in the Other Health Professions stream, you'll need to:

  • Have a valid work permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • Have been working in an approved health job in Saskatchewan, for at least six months for the employer offering you the permanent job, in the same job position.
  • Have a permanent, full-time job offer from:
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • Have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC "C" occupation.
  • Have proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure if your occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensure.

The SINP will also obtain:

  • A letter of support from the appropriate licensing body; and
  • A letter of support from your employer that states your position was posted as per the relevant collective agreement and remains vacant.

The program criteria can change at any time, but we'll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. No application is guaranteed to be accepted and/or nominated.

Who Can't Apply through the Saskatchewan Experience – Health Professional Sub-Category

The following can't apply through this sub-category:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada

Also, if any of these are true, you may not be eligible for nomination by the SINP:

  • You didn't submit documentation that the SINP asked for;
  • You were unable to prove that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan; and,
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are submitted where documents are missing or not translated will be considered incomplete and the application will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and advised to reapply at a later date with a complete application.

Apply online to the SINP

  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete the different sections.
  3. Scan and upload all your completed forms and supporting documents in PDF format onto your online application. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.

What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives

You are not required to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. But if you wish to hire a representative, you must make sure they're a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information and for the lists of licensed/approved consultants and recruiters. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers from exploitation and mistreatment during the recruitment and immigration process by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve