Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit

This sub-category is for semi-skilled workers who:

  • Have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months, with a valid work permit; and
  • Meet the sub-category criteria. The criteria can change at any time, but we'll use what was on this website when we received your complete application.


You may qualify for this stream if you:

  • Have a permanent full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. The job is required to be in the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) occupations:
    • NOC 8431: General Farm Worker
    • NOC 8432: Nursery and Greenhouse Worker.
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter; and
  • Have worked for more than six months for the employer offering you the job, with a valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Your permanent, full-time job offer must be for the same position that you have been working in for the past six months.
    • Your work permit must be for one of the following programs:
      • Seasonal Agriculture Worker Program;
      • International Experience Canada; or
      • Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
  • Have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education (high school) or above, as demonstrated by a valid Educational Credential Assessment.
  • Have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC 'C' occupation.

Who Can't Apply through the Saskatchewan Experience – Agriculture Worker with Existing Worker Permit Sub-Category

The following can't apply through this sub-category:

Also, if any of these are true, you may not be eligible for nomination by the SINP:

  • You didn't submit documentation that the SINP asked for;
  • You were unable to prove that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan; and
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are submitted where documents are missing or not translated will be considered incomplete and the application will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and advised to reapply at a later date with a complete application.

What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives

You are not required to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. But if you wish to hire a representative, you must make sure they're a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information and for the lists of licensed/approved consultants and recruiters. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers from exploitation and mistreatment during the recruitment and immigration process by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve