Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Required Documents for Saskatchewan Express Entry

As of November 9, 2020, the SINP will revise the required settlement fund amounts to align with recent Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) increases.

You must provide all required forms and documents to prove you’re eligible for SINP nomination. You'll also need these documents to prove your identity, work experience, academic credentials, language ability, finances, etc. The SINP may also ask for more documentation that is not listed below.

General Guidelines

All required documents must be clear and easy-to-read copies of the original documents. If your documents aren't in English or French, you must submit the following:

  • A copy of the original document;
  • A copy of the English or French translation of the document; and
  • A copy of an affidavit from the translator, describing their translation ability.

About Translators

Translators must be:

Translators must not be:

  • A family member
  • A Spouse
  • Anyone who works for or who is a paid consultant or representative preparing your application.

Make sure translations meet all federal requirements when you're applying for permanent residency.

If your documents are unclear, missing, or not translated into English or French, your application will be rejected and the SINP will send you instructions on what is missing and how to apply again.

Required Forms

You must fill out and attach these forms to your application:

  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (principal applicant only)
  2. Additional Family Information Form (a form is required for the principal applicant and spouse)
  3. Schedule A - Background/Declaration (a form is required for the principal applicant and spouse)

If you have more than five dependants or children, you must fill out and attached this form to your application:

If you have a common-law spouse, you must provide this form:

If you are using an Immigration Representative, you must provide this form:

If your documents are not in English or French, you must provide translated documents with the original documents. Your translator must fill out the following form which must be attached to your application:

If you would like to designate an individual to contact the SINP on your behalf, please ensure the following form is included in your application:

For help with filling out the federal forms, watch the following videos:

Required Documents

The following are the required documents you'll need for your application:

1. Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code

You must be accepted into IRCC's Express Entry pool before you can apply to the SINP. You'll have to confirm this by providing your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code when you submit your application to the SINP. If for any reason you obtain a new Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code while your application is in process with the SINP, you must update our Office.

2. Language Credentials

Applicants must meet the federal Express Entry language requirements.

All applicants to the Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-category must provide valid language test results that confirm you meet the minimum requirements, regardless what your native language is. Also, your test results must:

  • Match the language level you declared in your Express Entry profile.
  • Not be more than two years old at the time of your application.
  • Be from a designated testing agency such as:
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS, GENERAL TRAINING)
    • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
    • Test d'evaluation de francais (TEF)

Visit IRCC to convert IELTS, CELPIP and TEF scores to CLB 5 to 9+.

3. Education/Training Credentials

You'll need to have completed at least one year of post-secondary education or training, that has resulted in a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate. This should be similar to the Canadian education system.

Submit the following documents to confirm your training and/or post-secondary education:

  • Education or trade certificates, degrees or diplomas. Include copies of your official transcripts where applicable. These should show your school(s) attended or courses you took;
  • For degrees or diplomas obtained outside Canada, you must have an educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization, as per IRCC's list of approved organizations.
  • Professional designations, professional licences and/or professional association memberships; and
  • Certification of apprenticeship/certificate equivalent (that is verifiable and comparable to the Canadian education system programs) with details of program structure, courses, length and its administering or regulatory authority. In Saskatchewan you may apply to the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.

4. Work Experience Credentials

You must have a minimum of one year of full-time (minimum 30 hours per week) paid work experience in a skilled occupation over the past ten years related to your field of education. Your work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC "0", "A" or "B") that is considered to be in-demand in Saskatchewan at the time of your application. Please see Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for more information.

Proof of Employment

Submit letters of reference and proof of employment for each job position you have listed for the point assessment grid. Letters of reference from your Supervisor or Human Resources Officer must be printed on company letterhead.

Each letter of reference should indicate the following:

  • Your job position and dates of employment;
  • Your main duties and responsibilities*;
  • The number of hours you worked each week;
  • A brief company description (nature of the business, industry and operations);
  • The name, signature and direct contact information of your supervisor or manager (including email address matching the company domain and telephone number); and
  • The physical location of the company.

*Job duties and responsibilities taken directly from the NOC website or other online resources will not be accepted. This information should only be used as a guideline for selecting your correct NOC.

Each letter of reference for each job position must be accompanied by at least three additional documents showing proof of employment. At least one of these documents must be Government issued. Some examples of acceptable documents are as follows:

  • Pension fund/Provident funds, medical Insurance and/or social security record;
  • Work permits/work visas/labour cards for any foreign work experience;
  • Employment contracts;
  • Specific examples of work completed with your employer(s), if applicable; or
  • Any additional information that assists in verifying your work experience.

5. Proof of Professional Status or Licensure (if applicable)

See Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for more information about the SINP's occupation-specific professional status and licensing requirements. Your application will be held for processing until proof of Professional Status or Licensure is provided - all other required documents must be included in your application or your application will be returned as incomplete and your application fee will not be refunded.

Visit Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements and the Job Bank for more information on licensing, regulated and non-regulated occupations in Saskatchewan and Canada.

6. Settlement Funds and Settlement Plans

Settlement Plan

You need to attach a settlement plan to your application. You must use the IRCC Living In Canada tool to create your settlement plan.

The Living in Canada tool is intended for general guidance and reference only. The answers you provide will be used to provide you with resources and services that can help you plan for residency in Saskatchewan. If you are living outside of Canada, to use the Living in Canada tool to create a settlement plan, you must select "No, I applied but am still waiting" when asked "Has IRCC approved your application to come to Canada?"

After you answer the questions, the Living in Canada Tool will create "Your settlement plan." You can print or email the plan to yourself from that page in order to attach it to your application.

Settlement Funds

You must submit proof that you have funds that will support your household during your employment search after you arrive. The minimum amount required for your application is based on the size of your family, as listed in the table below. Please note that the table shows the SINP's requirement. You must have the "Minimum Funds Required" for a minimum of three months before you submit your application. You must also meet IRCC's "Proof of Funds" requirements when you apply for permanent residency after nomination by the SINP.

Number of Persons in Household Minimum Funds Required for 3 Months
(in Canadian dollars)
One person $12,669
Two people $15,772
Three people $19,390
Four people $23,542
Five people $26,701
Six people $30,114
Seven people $33,528

Proof of funds must be attached to your application. They must:

  • be official letters, official statements, and/or certificates from one or more financial institutions.
  • have been maintained at least 3 months prior to submitting your application and maintained throughout the entire immigration process.
  • be in the name of the principal applicant and/or spouse only.

Fund statements must show a detailed transaction history for at least three months before the date your SINP application is submitted and must include the type of currency, fund holder's name, contact information of the financial institution, account numbers, transactions and balances.

All documents not issued in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To determine whether settlement funds are sufficient, the account must show that when the account was at its lowest amount, it met the settlement requirement for the size of the household.

The following funds will be accepted:

  • Personal chequing or savings accounts
  • Bonds
  • Cash value life insurance
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GICs) or Certificates of Deposit
  • Mutual Funds
  • Provident Funds (an official letter from the provident fund organization indicating the amount of funds that are accessible is required)
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
  • Stocks
  • Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs)
  • Term deposits and time deposits (must be valid at the time of application and remain valid throughout the entire application process)
  • Treasury Bills

Debentures, credit cards, lines of credit, gold, cash, property or businesses are not accepted as settlement funds.

7. Close Relative in Saskatchewan (if applicable)

A close relative is:

  • A parent;
  • A sister or brother;
  • An aunt or uncle;
  • A niece or nephew;
  • A first cousin;
  • A grandparent; or
  • A step-family member/in- law of the same relationship.

If you are claiming points for a close family member, you must provide the following from the family member:

  • A birth certificate, marriage certificate and/or any other official government, education or religious documents that prove your relationship to your close family relative. The SINP does not accept affidavits.
  • A copy of the relative's Canadian permanent resident or citizenship card, or Canadian passport;
  • Proof that they have been living in Saskatchewan for the past twelve months and are independent:
    • Utility bills from the past twelve months from SaskPower, SaskEnergy or a city or town office. (We will not accept telephone, cellular or cable bills);
    • Saskatchewan Health Card or Saskatchewan driver's licence;
    • Proof that the family member is a registered tenant of a Saskatchewan address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or a proof of ownership). Include the names of other occupants at this address and their relationship to them; and
    • Proof of receipt of income for the past three months.

We may ask for other documents, even if they're not needed at the time of application. For example, if your close relative has children between the ages of five and seventeen, you may be asked for copies of their enrolment in the Saskatchewan education system.

Close family members can support one application at a time (one household can support one application at a time). If your close family member is already supporting an SINP application, they can't support your application until the nominee they are supporting has lived and worked in Saskatchewan for six months. Your application will need to include documentation from your close relative regarding their previously supported applicant.

The documentation should show that the supported nominee has settled in Saskatchewan, and should include their:

  • Proof of Permanent Resident status or Canadian Citizenship:
    • Canadian permanent resident card; or
    • Canadian citizenship card; or
    • Canadian passport.
  • Proof that they've been living and working in Saskatchewan for the past six months:
    • Utility bills from the past six months from either SaskPower; SaskEnergy; a city or town office (the SINP will not accept telephone, cellular or cable bills);
    • Saskatchewan Health Card or Saskatchewan Driver's licence;
    • Proof that they're a registered tenant of a Saskatchewan address (a lease agreement and rental receipts or proof of ownership) and names of other occupants at this address plus their relationship to them; and
    • Proof of employment during the past six months (include copies of paystubs or a letter from their employer confirming employment). This letter should be on company letterhead.

The SINP may also ask for more information or documents as needed.

8. Previous Work Experience in Saskatchewan (if applicable)

If you're claiming points for working in Saskatchewan you must submit documents to prove that you've previously worked in Saskatchewan for at least 12 months in the past five years. You'll need to provide letters of reference from your previous employer(s), written on official company letterhead. The letter(s) should be signed by an authorized representative of the company (identified by name and title).

Each letter should indicate:

  • Your job position;
  • Dates of employment; and
  • Your main duties/responsibilities.

9. Previous Study Experience in Saskatchewan (if applicable)

If you're claiming points for studying in Saskatchewan you must submit the following documents:

  • Education/trade certificates, degrees or diplomas with official transcripts wherever applicable, showing school(s) attended or courses taken; or
  • A letter from the registrar stating that you studied at a Saskatchewan institute.

10. Identity and Civil Status Documents

You need to provide the following documents to confirm your identity and civil status:

  • Birth Certificates that list both parents for:
    • You (the principal applicant);
    • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable); and
    • Each dependent child.
  • If you are married or widowed you must include:
    • A marriage certificate; and/or
    • A death certificate of your former spouse (if applicable).
  • If you are in a common-law relationship you must include:
    • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union; and
    • Proof of at least one year of common-law relationship. (e.g., statements or letters from a bank or financial institute showing a joint bank, trust, credit union, or charge card account; a copy of your signed joint lease or mortgage; a copy of jointly-owned property, apart from your residence; a copy of bills or receipts made to both of you; a copy of life insurance naming the other partner as the beneficiary, etc.).
  • If you or your spouse is divorced you must include:
    • Final divorce documents for all divorces; and
    • Custody and child support documents (if applicable).
  • Adoption papers for your dependent children who were adopted (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children, whether or not they and their other parent are coming with you to Canada, include:
    • A letter from the other parent stating that they are aware of your intention to immigrate to Canada (with or without the child/children) and that there are no outstanding custody or child support issues; or
    • Proof of custody for the child/children under the age of majority and proof that you have legal authority to remove the child/children from your home country (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children that are not coming with you to Canada you must include:
    • Their name, age and contact information (mailing and email address, and phone number); and
    • A detailed reason why each dependent is not accompanying you, along with supporting documentation (e.g. legal separation).

11. Passports

Your passport must be valid throughout the immigration process (from application to permanent residency). You'll need to include copies of pages in your passport that show the passport number, date of issue, expiry date, photo, name and place of birth for:

  • You (the principal applicant);
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable); and
  • All dependent children accompanying you to Canada (if applicable).

If you live in a country that is different from your nationality, please include a copy of your visa for the country in which you currently live.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve