Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Resolving Immigration Issues and Complaints

Contact the Foreign Worker Recruitment and Protection Unit (FWRPU) for help with resolving issues or complaints you may have about the immigration or recruitment process. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be shared without your consent.


1. Make a Complaint

Complaints about the immigration or recruitment process should be made to the FWRPU. The unit works to protect immigrants and foreign workers in Saskatchewan.

They do this by:

  • Handling all complaints related to immigrants, employers, foreign worker recruiters and immigration consultants – where mistreatment under The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act or fraud or misrepresentation has been reported or suspected;
  • Licensing foreign worker recruiters and immigration consultants; and
  • Providing public education on the rights and responsibilities of foreign nationals, employers, recruiters and consultants.

Contact the FWRPU if you feel you have been mistreated by:

  • Your employer;
  • Your immigration consultant or recruiter; or
  • Anyone who helped in your immigration process.

You do not need permission to contact the FWRPU. All of your information will be kept confidential and will not be shared without your consent.

To file a complaint, please download and complete the complaint form. The form can be faxed to 1‑833‑626‑9424 or emailed to FWRISA@gov.sk.ca.

If you feel your safety or well-being is threatened, you may contact the RCMP or your local police service.


2. How Complaints are Reviewed

If you make a complaint to the FWRPU, it may be investigated. This could happen if:

  • Your employer or foreign worker recruiter has made you pay for your job or for government approvals such as a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Job Approval Letter, or has misled you about employment opportunities in Saskatchewan.
  • Your employer:
    • Has provided less hours or paid you less than the wage offered to you in your SINP Job Approval Letter or LMIA or is withholding your pay or not paying you in full for your hours worked;
    • Has threatened to fire you if you complain;
    • Is requiring that you reside in a specific area/apartment/house; or
    • Is deducting money off your paychecks (except for legislatively required deductions).
  • Your employer/immigration consultant/foreign worker recruiter has:
    • Provided you with invalid or fraudulent documents;
    • Threatened to deport you or to cancel your work permit/resident visa; or
    • Taken and refused to return your personal property (e.g., passport, work permit, birth certificate).

The FWRPU will review the complaints by gathering the following from you and/or those involved:

  • Statements;
  • Documentation, and
  • Any other evidence.

After the reviews, if the FWRPU decides the complaint is valid, they will try to resolve it under the authorities of The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act. They may also refer the case to another agency if needed. If at fault, an employer may lose their right to hire foreign workers, or a recruiter or immigration consultant may lose their licence.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve