Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Options to Live, Work and Study in Saskatchewan

There are many ways to come to Saskatchewan. You can come here temporarily to visit, study or work.

You can also come permanently to start a business or work. Learn more below.


1. Visit

You can visit Saskatchewan as a tourist or for business. You may need a visa to travel to Canada or an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Both documents are issued by the federal government.

Learn more about visiting Saskatchewan, Canada from outside the country.


2. Study

Saskatchewan is a great place to study. The province offers a high-quality education in its many schools, colleges and training institutions.

You'll likely need a study permit or a temporary resident visa to study here, though there are some exceptions.

Learn more about Moving from Outside Canada to Study in Saskatchewan.


3. Work

If you want to come to Saskatchewan to work, and you're not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may need a work permit.

Even if your job doesn't need a work permit, you may still have to follow other rules, like being in Canada for a defined period or restrictions to what you're able to do in Canada. Learn more at the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Regulated occupations

Some jobs in Saskatchewan are regulated. This means it's governed by provincial laws or a regulatory body. If you want to work in Saskatchewan, find out if your occupation is regulated in the province. If it is, it's a good idea to contact the regulatory body to learn if your education and work experience will be recognized in Saskatchewan.

Getting a work permit

You can apply for a work permit at any time. You'll need to meet Canada's eligibility requirements before you're issued a work permit.

Visit the Work in Canada page to learn how you can get a work permit and what you’ll need.

4. Immigrate

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is one way to immigrate to Saskatchewan. Some other federal options include Express Entry and the Family Sponsorship program.

Through the SINP, Saskatchewan nominates people to move here as permanent residents. To be successful, SINP applicants need to have the skills, education, and work experience that match Saskatchewan's needs.

How does the SINP work?

Saskatchewan has an agreement with the federal government that allows it to nominate immigrants who want to come here.

If you're interested, you’ll have to apply through one of the SINP categories below:

Visit the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program page to learn about this program.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve