If you are conducting business with the Government of Saskatchewan by mail, please be advised that delivery may be delayed due to rotating postal strikes. Various measures are in place to ensure service to Saskatchewan residents and businesses during postal strike action.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Settlement Services

Saskatchewan has a number of services to help newcomers to Canada settle into the province. From welcome centres across the province to translation services, we have services available to help you make our province your new home. Learn more about our settlement services below.


1. Regional Newcomer Gateways

Saskatchewan's Regional Newcomer Gateways are welcome centres for newcomers arriving in the province.

Wherever you are coming from – outside Canada or from another Canadian province or territory – the Regional Newcomer Gateways will help you find the people, information, resources and services you need to make your move to Saskatchewan a success.

All Regional Newcomer Gateways are free of charge.


There are 11 Regional Newcomer Gateways in Saskatchewan, as listed below:

Use Find Programs and Services to Help You Settle in Saskatchewan to locate the Gateway closest to you.

These locations also provide services to the smaller towns and communities around them and are open to all newcomers to Saskatchewan, including immigrants.


Even if you do not speak English, the Gateways will be able to help you, using an interpreter through Over-the-Phone Interpretation (OPI).

You can also bring a family member or friend to translate for you, when you speak with staff at the Gateways.

The Gateways cannot help you with immigration documents and processes. For help with any of these, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.


2. Settlement Advisors

When you meet with a Settlement Advisor, you can ask them about any issue related to your settlement in Saskatchewan.  Use your Settlement Advisor's knowledge and experience to find community resources and services to meet your needs.

Settlement Advisors can advise you of appropriate services to address your specific needs or challenges, such as:

  • Health and wellness;
  • Workplace issues; or
  • Housing.

Contact your nearest Regional Newcomer Gateway to locate a Settlement Advisor. If you qualify for services, the Regional Newcomer Gateway will set up an appointment for you with a Settlement Advisor. Settlement Advisor services are free, at no cost to you.


To qualify to receive services from a Settlement Advisor, you must be:

  • A newcomer to Saskatchewan (meaning you have lived in the province for less than two years); and,
  • Be at least 18 years of age.


Even if you do not speak English, Settlement Advisors will be able to help you, using an interpreter through the Over The Phone Interpretation Program. You can also bring a family member or friend to translate for you, when you speak with the Settlement Advisor.

Settlement Advisors cannot help you with immigration documents and processes. For help with any of these, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).


3. Over-the-Phone Interpretation

If you do not speak English, the Gateways, Settlement Advisors and language assessors will still be happy to help you, using an over-the-phone interpretation service in your own language.

Over-the-Phone Interpretation (OPI) is a free service that provides language translation when:

  • You can't communicate in English;
  • Have limited English language skills; or
  • Don't feel comfortable communicating in English.

When using the service:

  • You will speak in your language to an interpreter on the phone.
  • The interpreter will repeat your message in English for the Regional Newcomer Gateway service worker, Settlement Advisor or language assessor.
  • Then, the service worker will respond in English and the interpreter will repeat the service worker's message over the phone in your language, and so on.
  • Interpretation is available in more than 200 languages.

You can access OPI at Regional Newcomer Gateways, when having a language assessment, or working with a Settlement Advisor. OPI is also available at some Labour Market Service Centres.

Once the service worker calls OPI, an interpreter is usually available within one minute. If not, the OPI operator will ask the service worker to wait on the line or call back in a few minutes.

  • Calls are not recorded and any information you provide is treated as confidential.
  • The service worker may ask for your agreement to share your name, address and contact information (phone and email) with the provincial government which funds these programs. 
  • The interpreter will not provide opinions, make decisions or ask questions except to clarify information.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve