About the Program
The Scale Up for Entrepreneurs Initiative provides eligible entrepreneurs with training to acquire skills and knowledge to grow their business. The target participants are women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in under-represented groups, including: Indigenous, visible minority, youth, and persons experiencing disabilities.
The training will support skills development in:
- Leadership and management
- Business strategy
- Marketing and sales
- Operational efficiency and financial management
- Human resource strategies
- E-commerce and digital technology
- Investor readiness and attraction
Provide opportunities to obtain certifications and upon completion of the training access to coaching and mentorship for a limited period of time.
- Entrepreneurs who would find value in scaling up their business.
- Target participants are women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in under-represented groups.
Eligible participants must:
- Have a registered business in Saskatchewan (registered pursuant to The Business Corporations Act) and registered with ISC; and,
- Have partnerships where the participant is in control of the venture with greater than 50 per cent ownership; or,
- Have a limited company where the participant holds controlling interest of the venture with greater than 50 per cent of the shares with voting rights.
Entrepreneurs with the following businesses are not eligible:
- Businesses controlled by someone other than the person applying for the training;
- Businesses involved in multilevel marketing or pyramid selling;
- Businesses that are a subsidiary of, or are financially supported by another company; and
- Businesses that are not suitable for public funding (for example that exploit sex or promote extreme political or religious views).
To learn more about the Scale Up for Entrepreneurs Initiative, please contact SaskJobs Career Services: