Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Following a Hearing

At the end of the hearing, the hearing officer will usually "reserve" his or her decision, that is, take time to review the evidence and argument, decide what they find to be the facts, review the law and apply to the law to their findings of fact. You will receive a written decision in the mail. Be sure the ORT has your current mailing address.

You may make a Request to Correct or Clarify Order or Obvious Error within 15 days of the date of the decision. Only the hearing officer who heard and decided the case may correct or clarify his or her reasons. There is a fee of $50. You can specify the part(s) of the decision or order you are having trouble understanding or ask that a specific mistake be corrected or deal with an obvious error or inadvertent omission in the decision or order.

Either party has 30 days from the date of the judgment to appeal a decision to a judge of the Court of Queen's Bench. Writs of possession directing a sheriff to put the tenant out of the rental unit and allow the landlord to change the locks may be enforced immediately, but enforcement will be stayed if the decision is appealed. To appeal an order of possession based on a rent arrears claim, a tenant must continue to pay rent to the landlord during the appeal process. If you wish to appeal any decision, immediately contact the Court of Queen's Bench for information about appeals. Basic information about appeals is attached to all orders. No steps can be taken to enforce orders for the payment of money until after the time for appeal has expired, or the appeal is decided.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve