Requirements under The Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Act and Regulations
New laws around the sale, display, promotion and use of vapour products will come into effect on February 1, 2020. All retailers and people who use vapour products must meet the requirements of The Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Act and The Tobacco and Vapour Products Control Regulations.
The main legislative and regulatory provisions include:
- Restrict the use of vapour products in and around public buildings, including schools and school grounds.
- Prohibit people from using vapour products within three metres of a doorway, window or air intake of an enclosed public place.
- Prohibit use of vapour products in vehicles with persons under 16 years of age.
On sale and advertising:
- Restrict the sale of vapour products to individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Prohibit the display of vapour products in a retail business where young persons have access.
- Prohibit the sale of vapour products from specified facilities such as amusement parks, arcades and theatres where youth frequent.
- Restrict advertising of vapour products in the same manner as tobacco products by prohibiting advertising signs and promotional signs in areas where young persons can enter.
For more information, please see the pages listed on the top left of this page and visit the website listed below.