Do you have an interest in health care issues in Saskatchewan?
If so, please consider the following opportunity to make a difference.
The Ministry of Health is seeking motivated individuals to fill important volunteer public representative positions on health professional councils in Saskatchewan.
Public representatives perform a vital role on the councils of Saskatchewan's 26 self-regulating health professional bodies. They help keep regulators transparent and accountable by providing a public voice on the councils to which they are appointed. Public representatives attend council meetings as full participating members participating in discussions and voting on matters that arise at council meetings.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and abilities:
- Commitment to the regulated health profession mandate of public protection;
- Interest in learning about health professional self-regulation;
- Able to commit the time required to prepare for, attend and contribute to the meetings of the regulatory body's governing council;
- Strong communication and active listening skills;
- Strategic/analytical/critical thinking skills;
- Enjoy being part of a collaborative team;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Strong computer skills; access to email and internet;
- Able to read, process and analyze significant amounts of information;
- Ideally, previous experience/knowledge in:
- Board policy/governance;
- Professional self-regulation;
- Health economics;
- Education Human resources;
- Health care system knowledge;
- Legal (particularly regulatory and/or administrative law); and
- Government relations.
These two- or three-year appointments may be extended for a second term. Meetings in Regina, Saskatoon, other locations or virtual.
The time commitment ranges from four to 12 days a year. An honorarium and any related travel expenses will be paid as per Ministry of Health policies.
If you are interested please respond to this advertisement.
Please include a CV/resumé with your community involvement, volunteer activities, relevant education and employment experience by May 21, 2021, to:
Saskatchewan Ministry of Health Partnerships and Workforce Planning Branch
3475 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 6X6
Successful candidates will be contacted by telephone. Resumés will be held for future consideration.
For more information, please visit Health Professional Associations and Organizations.