Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Information for Payors

Moving or Remarrying

If you or the other parent move from Saskatchewan you still need to make your support payments, as the province has reciprocal (two-way) enforcement agreements with all Canadian provinces and territories, the United States and many other countries.

If you remarry and/or have other children, you still have an obligation to support all of your children.

The Age of Majority in Saskatchewan

The age of majority in Saskatchewan is 18. In other provinces, the age of majority may be different.

Whether the child support order or agreement is under the provincial law, The Family Maintenance Act, 1997, or under the federal law, the Divorce Act, the obligation to pay support may continue beyond the child's 18th birthday if that person is:

  1. under the recipient's charge; and
  2. unable, by reason of illness, disability, pursuit of reasonable education or other cause to:
  • withdraw from the recipient's charge; or
  • obtain the necessaries of life.

In either situation, as long as adequate proof of the ongoing dependency is provided to the Maintenance Enforcement Office, they will continue to collect the child support.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve