Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Case numbers are updated daily. 

Effective December 17, all private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households only.  Review all public health measures 

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Parents Living Outside Saskatchewan

The Inter-jurisdictional Support Orders (ISO) Unit assists individuals in:

  • Applying for child support or changes to child support where the other parent resides outside Saskatchewan;
  • Arranging for registration of the applicant's order or agreement in the other jurisdiction; and
  • Working with the other maintenance enforcement program to collect payments.

To obtain a child support order where you were not married to the other parent, and the other party lives in another jurisdiction, you have a number of options so it is recommended that you consult a lawyer.

If you were, or still are, married to the other parent and you want a child support order, or you want to change an existing child support order, it can be changed in a Canadian superior court. To obtain a support order as part of divorce proceedings, you should seek the advice of a lawyer, as the procedure can be fairly complex. You can also contact the Family Law Information Centre for assistance with variation of orders at 306-787-5837 or toll free in Saskatchewan at 1-888-218-2822.

If you have an existing court order and are seeking to change the child support amount, your court order may be changed by going to court, or by applying to the Child Support Recalculation Service for an administrative recalculation. You can contact the Child Support Recalculation Service at (306)787-5042 or toll free in Saskatchewan at 1-833-825-1445. The Child Support Recalculation Service will contact the person out of Saskatchewan to obtain consent to the Recalculation Service being used.

To bring an application through the ISO Unit, you may wish to retain a lawyer or you can complete the application yourself. You, or your lawyer, do not need to be in court in the other jurisdiction. Your completed application package will outline evidence.


There are a number of forms you may need to fill out, depending on your situation. It is suggested you begin by reviewing the Form Support Guide.

The Support Application (Form A.1) /Support Variation Application (Form A.2) are the first of a series of forms for your application for a reciprocal support order (for a parent living in another jurisdiction). It tells the court what you are asking for and who you are. It gives a brief summary of any court action involving support and a history of your relationship with the other parent.

If you believe the respondent will dispute parentage, you must fill out the Parentage (Form B) form.

To claim support for one or more children, you’ll need to fill out a Child Support Claim (Form C).

If the respondent does not go to court or give the court the financial information it asks for, you will need to provide a Request for Support Order (Form D).

If you are making a claim for a child support amount that is not in a child support guidelines table, you'll need to fill out a Request for Child Support Order, Different than Child Support Guidelines Table Amount (Form E).

If there are special expenses for the child(ren) that fall outside the regular support guidelines, such as childcare or medical/dental expenses, use the Special or Extraordinary Expense Claim (Form F).

If you are the person paying child support and are asking the court for an order that you pay a different amount, you must fill out a Request to Pay Child Support, Different than the Child Support Guidelines Table Amount (Form G).

If you decide that you are entitled support for yourself, fill out the Support for Claimant/Applicant (Form H) form. This form informs the court about your life. With this information the court may be able to decide if you should receive support for yourself, how much, and for how long.

If you are asking for an order for child support or spousal support, or if you are asking for a variation in the amount of child or spousal support, you must fill out a Financial Information (Form I) form.

If you are claiming support for a child who is the "age of majority" or older, you must fill out the Child Status and Financial Statement (Form J).

If you want to change your support order, whether you are paying support or receiving support, fill out the Evidence to Support Variation of a Support Order (Form K) form.

As the respondent, once you receive the application for a court order you will need to fill out a Respondent's Answer to Application (Form L) form.

Once you have completed any applicable forms, you must submit your sworn originals and three photocopies of the sworn originals to:

Family Justice Services
ISO Unit
Room 100, 3085 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4P 0B1

What happens next?

The other parent will receive formal notice that you have made an application to the court. They will get a copy of your application. A court date is set, and they are told to file a package of sworn documents at the reciprocating court. The reciprocating court is the jurisdiction where the other parent will file and appear in court.

On the court date, a judge will look at the package of documents you sent, along with any documents the other parent filed. The court may hear sworn evidence from the other parent if they are in court (with or without a lawyer). The judge can then make an order.

Note: Sometimes the judge will want more information from you before making an order. If this happens, the court will make a 'Request for Further Information' saying what it needs from you.

The court will look at the information given and may:

  • grant the order you are seeking;
  • not grant the order you are seeking (you will be given reasons why); or
  • make a different order on such terms that the court sees fit.

If you do not agree with the order, or think that the court did not have all the facts, you can make another application or appeal the order in the jurisdiction where it was made.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve