Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Agreements or Orders Made Before May 1, 1997

Agreements or court orders about child support payments that were made before May 1, 1997 are still valid. In these cases, the parent paying the child support can claim the payments as a deduction on his or her income tax. The parent receiving the child support must claim the payments as income on his or her income tax. This tax rule does not apply to orders or agreements made after May 1, 1997.

If your order or agreement was made before May 1997 and you want to change your tax requirements for claiming child support payments, you and the other parent must fill out a T1157 form available from the Canada Revenue Agency. Filling out this form only changes how payments are claimed for income tax purposes.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve