Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Wildlife Issues - Protecting Your Property

Wildlife is part of our natural environment, but there can be problems when wildlife and people mix. Problems include:

  • wildlife in residential areas;
  • deer or elk in haystacks;
  • ducks in crops;
  • predators killing or harassing livestock; or
  • chance encounters in the wild.

It is important to understand how we can safely co-exist with these animals and what options are available for dealing with problems.

Report human-wildlife conflicts

Producers with loss of livestock or commercial crops by wildlife should see the Wildlife Damage Compensation Program administered by Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation.

If you have an aggressive encounter with wildlife, and/or if public safety is at risk, call the Turn in Poachers and Polluters (TIPP) line at 1-800-667-7561 or from your SaskTel cell phone at #5555.

To report concerns about nuisance wildlife, contact the ministry's general inquiry line at 1-800-567-4224 or by email at

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve