Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan:

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Wildfire Assistance

If you are a responding agency, such as a municipality or a First Nation, and need assistance after reporting a wildfire, please complete the Request for Fire Suppression Assistance form and submit it to the nearest Forest Protection Area Office after reporting it.


1. Guidance

If resources are available, the Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency (SPSA) will provide assistance to local authorities responding to a wildfire. The local authority will retain responsibility for the fire unless it is turned over to SPSA in writing.

If air support is required, SPSA staff will control the air operations until aircraft are no longer needed.


2. Eligibility

Responding agencies, including municipalities and First Nations, can request Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency (SPSA) assistance with a wildfire.

The SPSA will consider cost recovery of expenses for all fires outside of its jurisdiction. Current provincial aircraft rates are provided on the Request for Suppression Assistance form.


3. How To Apply

  1. Report the wildfire – Local authorities must first report the fire by calling 1-800-667-9660, 911 or the closest SPSA Forest Protection Area office.
  2. Request Suppression Assistance – After reporting the fire, you may complete a Request for Suppression Assistance form and submit it to your closest SPSA Public Forest Protection Office.

4. Apply

Fax your completed Request for Fire Suppression Assistance form to the nearest Forest Protection Area office.

Request for Fire Suppression Assistance

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve