The province encourages local fire departments to support fire prevention through education by offering the following Children's Program to their local elementary school.
The Children's Program is a fun-filled activity for students from kindergarten to Grade 3. The program helps children learn about fire prevention and safety during Fire Prevention Week. The program includes:
- free children's Fire Safety activity booklets;
- a ready-made lesson plan for classroom teachers; and
- a letter to teachers and a letter to families that describes how to stay safe from fire.
To offer this program in your community, have your fire department complete the steps below:
- Notify the schools in your area about the Children's Program offered during Fire Prevention Week.
- Estimate how many students are enrolled in kindergarten to Grade 3 in your community.
- Complete the order form (listed below).
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31, 2018.
By early September, the order will be shipped free of charge to the name and address listed on the order form. As well, the lesson plan and informational letters will be forwarded to the fire department for distribution.
Between October 7 and 13, firefighters can deliver this material to classrooms during Fire Prevention Week.