Increase the number and value of international research partnerships
The well-being of Saskatchewan people is increasingly dependent on its competitiveness in the global knowledge-based society. International research partnerships profile Saskatchewan’s research excellence globally, which attract students, researchers and new investments.
- Re-establish an International Education Council to facilitate collaboration between government, post-secondary educational institutions and industry.
- Support post-secondary educational institutions to increase international collaboration on their signature areas of research that are of key importance to Saskatchewan.
- Enhance post-secondary educational institutions’ global reach through the development and implementation of a trans-national education framework (e.g. operation of overseas campuses).
- Work with provincial and federal governments and other international education organizations to profile the Saskatchewan brand.
- Attract new students, researchers and investments by connecting leading Saskatchewan research with international opportunities within priority markets.
The Post-Secondary International Education Strategy was developed with input from public and private post-secondary educational institutions, First Nations and Métis educational institutions, international student associations, Chambers of Commerce, the Saskatchewan-Asia Advisory Council, the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership, the Canadian Bureau of International Education, and the Canadian International Council.