The purpose of these methods is to INFORM your design. They are not validation methods.
Before we get started, you need to keep in mind that:
- You are not the user.
- UX is a mindset Optimizing the user experience and delivering value is the focus. Lean UX advocate Jeff Gothelf explains in an article for Smashing Magazine that UX documentation should help move the design forward rather than simply be deliverables themselves.
- UX guides decisions
Facilitation Role of UX for GoS
- UX is about facilitation and collaboration.
- Approaching it in this way manages and plans team interaction in the service design process.
- UX and development are not independent activities like shown in the Waterfall UX diagram; rather it must be integrated into the development process.
- Goal driven and outcome focused.
- Repeatable and routinized Rapid cycles: Focus – Simplify – Decide – Test – Move Forward.
- Generate many options and decide quickly which to pursue Focus on solving the right problem.
- Recognize hypotheses and assumptions; validate them with user feedback.
- Make your work and process visible to the rest of the team.
- Research with users is the best source in information and inspiration.