The Committee of Review (COR) reviews and reports on all matters concerning The Workers' Compensation Act, 2013, the regulations and the administration of the Act and regulations. They provide a forum for individuals and organizations to recount their experiences with the workers' compensation system and make suggestions for reform and improvement.
The Workers' Compensation Act, 2013 requires a review be conducted at least once every four years. The Committee of Review is made up of equal representation from employers and organized employees.
This year's Committee members, who come from the public and private sectors as well as organized labour, were:
- Kaylynn Schroeder, Chairperson;
- Lori Sali, Acting Chairperson and member representing organized labour;
- Judy Henley, member representing organized labour;
- Karen Low, member representing business;
- Ron St. Pierre, member representing organized labour;
- Irene Cruson, member representing business; and
- Michael Wainwright, member representing business.