The Saskatchewan Ministry of the Economy undertook consultations and seeking feedback from the oil and gas and pipeline industries on the content of the proposed directive changes to Directive R01: Volumetric, Valuation and Infrastructure Reporting in Petrinex. These changes are related to the earlier proposed changes to The Oil and Gas Conservation Regulations, 2012, which were presented for industry consultation between June 23 and July 27, 2017. Those changes, known as The Oil and Gas Conservation (Miscellaneous) Amendment Regulations, 2017 are intended to be introduced for consideration by the Lieutenant Governor and Council in the fall of 2017. Changes to Directive R01 are intended to coincide with any accepted changes to The Oil and Gas Conservation Regulations, 2012.
Overview of Proposed ChangesThe proposed changes fall into the following categories:
- Insertion of specific regulations as a result of those regulations concurrent repeal from the Oil and Gas Conservation Regulations, 2017.
- Directive name change from R01 to PNG032
- Clarification of requirements and restructuring of subsections.
- Miscellaneous additions/revisions/clarification/grammatical corrections.
Further details on the proposed changes are outlined in the:
- Notice of Proposed Directive R01 Changes - Volumetric, Valuation and Infrastructure Reporting in Petrinex ; and
- Directive PNG032 (Draft) - Volumetric, Valuation and Infrastructure Reporting (Formerly Directive R01)
The opportunity to submit feedback has now ended.