Released on December 7, 2021
Containing both the Government of Saskatchewan and Government of Canada visual identity wordmarks, your MySaskHealthRecord digital QR code proof of vaccination certificate supports proof of vaccination at border entry during international travel.
The COVID-19 proof of vaccination with QR code can also be uploaded to the SK Vax Wallet app. Available in both the Apple and Google Play store, the SK Vax Wallet app has been updated to display the full vaccination certificate with the Saskatchewan and Canada identifiers to support international travel.
Once the app is updated on a user's device, the display should automatically show the new "View full vaccination certificate" feature. Timing of the update may be dependent on the version of the device being used and internet access. Users can also check the Apple and Google Play app stores for an update.
It is an individual traveller's responsibility to ensure understanding of vaccination requirements in other countries. More information about international travel can be found on the Government of Canada website.
The SK Vax Wallet app has been downloaded more than 439,000 times since the app was introduced.
COVID-19 Summary for December 7, 2021:
- From December 1 - 7, 25,230 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given in Saskatchewan, bringing the total number of vaccines administered in the province to 1,764,434. An additional 118,853 3rd and 4th doses have been administered in the province.
- As of December 7, 87 per cent of residents 12 years and older and 82 per cent of residents five years older have received their first dose. Eighty-two per cent of residents 12 years and older and 74 per cent of residents five years and older are fully vaccinated.
- There were 469 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan from December 1 - 7, bringing the provincial total to 81,462 cases. There were 564 recoveries recorded during the same period.
- The seven-day average of new COVID-19 cases in Saskatchewan is currently 67 (5.6 per 100,000).
- Eight new deaths were reported December 1 - 7.
- There were 265 new lineage results reported for December 1 - 7.
- As of December 7, there are 131 people in hospital: 100 are receiving inpatient care and 31 are in intensive care. Eighty-five of the people in hospital (64.9 per cent) are not fully vaccinated. No residents are currently in out-of-province ICU. There remain two people receiving in-hospital care out of province.
- For the week of November 29 - December 5, two additional monoclonal antibody infusion treatments were delivered for a provincial total of 22. If you have received confirmation that you have COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive monoclonal antibody treatment. Treatments are available in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, Meadow Lake, Ile a la Crosse, Unity, Turtleford, Swift Current, Yorkton and Estevan.
- From December 1 - 7, there were 12,409 COVID-19 tests processed in Saskatchewan.
For more information, contact: