Released on December 19, 2018
Tickets to Cher’s concert on May 23, 2019 in Saskatoon go on sale this Thursday, December 20 at 10 a.m.
The Consumer Protection Division of the Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority wants to remind you if you’re planning on buying a concert ticket within the first 48 hours of going on sale, make sure you buy from a primary seller such as Ticketmaster or the concert venue.
Signs that Tickets May Be Fake:
- Resellers are not allowed to sell tickets within the first 48 hours of going on sale to the public. After 48 hours, resellers can advertise and resell tickets. Resellers tend to inflate prices and can even sell tickets on a primary seller’s website. However, if you buy directly from a primary seller, you may save on ticket price hikes. Additionally, if you buy from a resale site within the first 48 hours, tickets might be fake.
- listed for sale without specific seat numbers; and
- listed in U.S. dollar amounts for a Canadian show.
Protect Yourself - Buy with a Credit Card:
- Saskatchewan residents and surrounding jurisdictions have exclusive access to tickets for concerts held in this province in the first hour of sale to the general public. After this hour, the primary seller can sell tickets to areas outside of Saskatchewan and surrounding jurisdictions.
Problem with a Recently Purchased Concert Ticket?
- If you buy from a resale site and get a fake ticket, it may be easier to get a refund by purchasing tickets with a credit card compared to cash or debit. Read the terms and conditions on the card to understand what protections are available.
For more information about ticket sales, visit http://fcaa.gov.sk.ca/consumers-investors-pension-plan-members/consumers/consumers-of-goods-and-services/ticket-sales.
- If consumers wish to file a formal complaint about ticket sales, they can contact the Consumer Protection Division toll free at 1-877-880-5550 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan