Released on November 15, 2017
Premier Brad Wall announced the individuals and teams that will receive awards for their outstanding contributions to the civil service.
The Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service has been recognizing exceptional work for 14 years. Honourable mentions are provided to third parties and private sector partners who may have assisted team winners in their projects. This year, a new award for Emerging Leadership is also being introduced.
“Many achievements during the past decade of growth have been achieved with the help of our public service,” Wall said. “Saskatchewan is fortunate to have such dedicated public servants working for our communities. This year’s recipients exemplify those qualities.”
The 2017 individual and team recipients are:
- Dr. Kathleen Ward, Health System Policy, Ministry of Health;
- Dr. Betty Althouse, Chief Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture;
- Sherry Bohay, Organizational Development, Public Service Commission;
- Joint-Use Schools Team, Ministry of Education, SaskBuilds;
- People Shouldn’t Disappear Ad Team, Saskatchewan Government Insurance;
- Dedicated Substance Abuse Treatment Unit Team, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health; and
- Crown Corporation Designates Team, Crown Investments Corporation
The Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service was founded in 2003. Individuals and teams from across government including ministries, agencies, boards and Crown Corporations are nominated by their peers, the public, stakeholder organizations, clients and citizens, but final selections are made by an independent committee.
Wall will award the 2017 individual and team recipients of the Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service this evening.
For more information on the Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/honoursawards.
For more information, contact: