Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Putting Up Highway Road Signs

Whether it's a business, tourist attraction or special event, highway signage is allowed to help direct drivers to where you want them to go.

All signs must follow provincial safety and aesthetics standards. 

There are many different kinds of signs that may apply:

On-site Signs

On-premise signs are located on the same piece of land on which the business or activity is located. An enterprise or organization located outside the incorporated limits of any organized hamlet, village, town or city adjacent to a provincial highway may be eligible for an on-premise sign.

One Time Event Signs

To assist travellers in locating events, a One Time Event Signing (OTES) can be installed by a non-profit organization or an agency hosting a major event of provincial, national or international importance.

Community Signs

The government may provide Community Advance signs for eligible communities that are located on the route of a provincial highway or connected to a provincial highway by a community access road.

Tourism Signing

Standard Rural Motorist Service signs are directional signs for rural enterprises or organizations that provide front line motorist services or operate recreational/cultural facilities. The facility must be located outside the incorporated limits of an urban community and beyond the boundaries of a national, provincial or regional park.

Federal, Provincial or Regional Park Signs

At the request of the applicable park agency, the government may install directional signing in advance and/or at the access of Federal, Provincial, and Regional Parks. The attraction will be a specific site, feature, facility, or traffic generator that is open to the general public for recreation or cultural activities.

Rural/Municipal Signs

The government can install, on a cost recovery basis, Road Name guide signs in order to provide rural residents with an "address" to assist in being located by the public.

First Nation Signs

To inform motorists that they are entering a First Nation Community, we can install a First Nations Community Boundary sign at the property boundaries.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve