Green Stream - Landfill Decommissioning opens Friday, September 18, 2020.
Applications will be accepted until available funding is fully allocated.
The Investing in Canada Infrastructure Plan (ICIP) in Saskatchewan is accepting detailed applications for projects to decommission historical, non-engineered landfills. The projects will help create construction-related jobs, protect the environment and support Saskatchewan's Solid Waste Management Strategy.
To complete your detailed application, please read the information below.
- Applicant eligibility and cost sharing
- Project eligibility
- Rating criteria
- Submit your application
- Next steps
- For more information
Please refer to the ICIP Program Guide to learn who can apply for funding and submission requirements.
All costs incurred or contracts awarded/signed prior to project approval are ineligible, which includes costs already incurred for planning and design.
Eligible projects are for landfill decommissioning. Your proposed project must include the closure of a historical non-engineered landfill cell. Your project may also include applicable engineering and design costs such as the Phase II Environmental Site Assessment and Corrective Action Plan.
Ineligible projects include those limited to planning, design and other solid waste initiatives such as new or expanding landfills, diversion projects, etc.
Ensure your proposed project:
- Is located in Saskatchewan.
- Has Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment approval prior to construction.
- Will have construction completed no later than March 31, 2027.
Projects submitted will be evaluated on such criteria as:
- Value for money.
- Community need for services.
- Potential to enhance and protect public health and/or environmental health.
- Technical feasibility, based on documentation provided.
- Financial sustainability and compliance with municipal legislation.
- Regional co-operation and support.
Submission deadline: Applications will be accepted until available funding is fully allocated.
Follow these steps to prepare and submit your application for ICIP Green Infrastructure – Landfill Decommissioning:
- Read the ICIP Program Guide before you start.
- Select the link below to open a blank ICIP Green Infrastructure application.
- Information about completing the online application form appears on the opening page.
- The form will allow you to save your work and come back to complete it.
- The form also has a print/save function at the end so you can save it for your records.
- Upload these mandatory documents to include with your online application:
Open ICIP Green Stream – Landfill Decommissioning Application
Projects selected by the Government of Saskatchewan will be submitted to the Government of Canada for review to determine which projects will be ultimately approved for federal and provincial ICIP funding.