For general workplace guidelines, please refer to COVID-19 Workplace Information. All businesses operating in Saskatchewan must be in compliance with these guidelines. The information below provides specific information for hotel/motel operators.
- Regular housekeeping services should not be provided to rooms where individuals are isolating. Advise staff to leave linens, toiletries, cleaning supplies (including garbage bags) and food/meals outside the door. Staff should not enter these rooms.
- Staff should wear disposable gloves and wash their hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) after handling soiled items from rooms (e.g. linens, tableware and garbage bags).
- Clothing and fabric items should be washed and dried in mechanical laundry machines at the hottest settings possible.
- Steam cleaning can be used for areas that may be contaminated, but cannot be laundered (ex. armchairs).
- In a commercial dishwasher, properly wash and sanitize any reusable glassware or dishes in rooms between guests. Or, consider providing disposable dishes and utensils in rooms.
- If possible, isolate guests in rooms with an independent HVAC unit.
- Guests who are in isolation must not enter common areas of the hotel.
- After guests are done isolating in a room, staff should thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces that may be contaminated, including laundering all clothing and fabric items. Cleaning and sanitizing information is available at saskatchewan.ca/COVID19.
- Hotel management should share the latest travel advisories and isolation recommendations with staff and guests - travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices.
For additional information, please call the Business Response Team at 1-844-800-8688 or email email@example.com.