For general workplace guidelines, please refer to COVID-19 Workplace Information. All businesses operating in Saskatchewan must be in compliance with these guidelines. The information below provides specific information for operators of greenhouses and landscaping businesses.
Greenhouse and landscaping retailers can be considered an allowable business under the following mandatory conditions:
- Operate with delivery or curbside pick-up.
- Comply with the guidelines for retail operations, including:
- Use physical line controls, such as crowd control cordons at entrances and checkout lines. Place markers (e.g. tape or cones) every two metres as visible cues to support physical distancing.
- Implement one-way aisles to promote physical distancing and communicate the information through signage and announcements.
- Post clear signs in multiple locations indicating the maximum number of customers and staff the store can accommodate at one time.
- Consider monitoring the number of customers and staff entering and leaving the store. Once the maximum number is reached, allow one person to enter for every one person who exits.
- Offer online or telephone orders with delivery or pick-up services as alternatives to in-person shopping.
- Glove use is not required. If staff are using gloves, they should be changed after every interaction and when changing tasks. Hand hygiene must be performed between every glove change - wash hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number).
- Ask customers who arrive with cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms (fever, cough or breathing issues) to return home and use a delivery service instead.
- All workers, especially those in constant contact with the public, should self-monitor for symptoms and use the self-assessment tool available at saskatchewan.ca/COVID19.
For additional information, please call the Business Response Team at 1-844-800-8688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.