In recognition of the importance of observing Remembrance Day, the following guidelines have been developed for event organizers and participants to help ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved.
- Wherever possible, organizers should provide an option for virtual attendance using online streaming services.
- Organizers are responsible for managing the positioning and directional flow of attendees to encourage physical distancing and minimize crowding.
- Provide enough time for attendees to arrive prior to the ceremony in order to minimize lineups. Where lineups may form, provide markings to ensure physical distancing while waiting in line.
- Attendees should be provided instructions for safe entry and exit from the event using public address systems, where possible.
- Provide hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) at entrances and outside of washrooms.
- Non-medical masks (e.g. cloth or other materials) are recommended where two metres of physical distancing is unpredictable or cannot be maintained, including organizers, event staff, volunteers and those participating in the ceremonies.
- Contactless payment options for poppy sales should be considered, where possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of any common touch items is required.
- Food service, where provided, must follow the Restaurant and Licensed Establishments Guidelines.
- Musical performances, including The Last Post, must follow the Performing Arts Guidelines.