For general workplace guidelines, please refer to COVID-19 Workplace Information. All businesses operating in Saskatchewan must be in compliance with these guidelines. The information below provides specific guidelines for operators of drive-in theatres.
Drive-in theatres must meet the following conditions:
- There are no capacity requirements as long as two metres of physical distance can be maintained between non-household groups.
- Physical distancing should be observed at all times, with a minimum of two metres between individuals when outside of vehicles.
- Vehicles must be separated by a minimum of two metres. Only individuals from the same household may occupy the same vehicle.
- If customers are required to have contact with any equipment (e.g. speaker), the equipment must be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Please refer to the Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Guidelines.
- Where possible, payments should be accepted through contactless methods (e.g. tap or e-transfer).
- Access to washroom facilities must be limited.
- Where washroom access is provided, frequent cleaning and disinfection must take place throughout the movie.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained for those waiting for washroom facilities.
- Food/concession services are limited to contactless pickup or delivery only and must ensure physical distancing.
- Delivery services are recommended to reduce crowding and queuing.
- While waiting for food pickup, physical distancing must be observed.
- Provide soap and water or hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) for customers and staff to use.
- All common touch items should be removed from service, such as removing bottles/pumps. Self-contained condiment packets should be distributed by staff.
- When food and beverage is available, seating must be removed or follow Restaurants and Licensed Establishment Guidelines.
- Playgrounds are permitted and should follow the Recreation Guidelines.
- Employees must have access to soap and water or hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) for hand hygiene and appropriate cleaners and disinfectants per COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Facilities guidelines.
- Employees are required to stay home if they are sick or symptomatic.
- Patrons should be reminded that anyone who is feeling sick or symptomatic must remain at home.