For general workplace guidelines, please refer to COVID-19 Workplace Information. All businesses operating in Saskatchewan must be in compliance with these guidelines. The information below provides specific information for operators of workplaces offering food and accommodation services.
Drive-in theatres must meet the following conditions:
- Physical distancing should observed at all times, with a minimum of two metres between individuals when outside of vehicles.
- Vehicles must be separated by a minimum of five metres.
- Only individuals from the same household may occupy the same vehicle.
- If customers are required to have contact with any equipment (e.g. speaker), the equipment must be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Please refer to the Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Guidelines.
- Where possible, payments should be accepted through contactless methods (e.g. tap or e-transfer).
- Access to washroom facilities must be limited.
- Where washroom access is provided, frequent cleaning and disinfection must take place throughout the movie.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained for those waiting for washroom facilities.
- Food/concession services are limited to contactless pick-up or delivery only and must ensure physical distancing.
- While waiting for food pick up, physical distancing must be observed.
- Provide soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) for customers and staff to use.
- All common touch items should be removed from service, such as removing bottles/pumps. Self-contained condiment packets should be distributed by staff.
- All other services and common areas must be suspended, including picnic areas and play areas.
- Employees must have access to soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN number) for hand hygiene and appropriate cleaner and disinfectants per COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection of Public Facilities.
- Employees are required to stay home if they are sick or symptomatic.
- Patrons should be reminded that anyone who is feeling sick or symptomatic must remain at home