Physical distancing is proven to be one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Physical distancing means avoiding close contact with others.
How to Maintain Proper Physical Distancing:
- Avoid crowded places.
- Avoid close contact with people outside of your household.
- Two-metres distance should be maintained from others when shopping, walking in the community, or in hospitals and health care facilities.
- Avoid non-essential trips in the community.
- Wear non-medical masks (e.g. cloth masks) where it is difficult to maintain two-metres physical distance.
- Limit or postpone gatherings.
- Conduct virtual meetings and work from home, when possible.
- Stay home if you are sick, even if your symptoms are mild. This means do not go shopping or attend social gatherings.
Solidarity in social distancing, a letter from Dr. Susan Shaw, Chief Medical Officer for the Saskatchewan Health Authority | (PDF version)