One way to engage teams in having open and honest conversation about increased stress and its impact on well-being is to incorporate it into routine daily huddles or team meetings. If you are looking for ways to stimulate a conversation about employee wellness here are some ideas to consider:
- Put on the 'RITS' to promote healthcare worker wellness (Rest, Information, Transition, Services).
- The RITS is a critical incident stress management (CISM) method that promotes self-awareness and healthy coping. It can be an add-on to a huddle and completed in 10-15 minutes.
- Please review the Work Standard-Facilitation Guide for RITS.
- Share and discuss '1-Minute Resilience Boosts' with your team.
- Use a Healthcare Worker Pulse Survey.
- Pulse survey's are quick, frequent (daily or weekly options are available) ways to check-in on the mental health and well-being of team members.
- To support managers in engaging with teams through pulse survey's, we've designed a couple different methods to choose from: